Another 5 reasons:
1. He was a damn good actor!
2. He epitomized the charming, suave, debonair movie star of the day, something that will never be captured again in modern stars.
3. His real name was Archibald Leach (but I'm honestly glad he changed his name even though his real name is interesting to say the least).
4. He performed as an acrobat, stilt walker, mime and juggler on stage before becoming a film star which is why he was so good at all those hilarious stunts he did in his screwball comedies.
5. "Everyone wants to be Cary Grant. Even I want to be Cary Grant."